Finned tubes are used in air-oil and air-water systems of heat exchange of industrial electric equipment and transformers. The construction provides effective heat exchange between flowing along the tube substance and outside air thanks to the ribs. The main material is carbon or stainless steel although yellow metal or other alloys can be used. Finning can be done in several ways.
- When rolling, aluminum strap is swaged down the supporting pipe then the ribs are rolled. This technology provides entire aluminum cover and it guarantees anti-corrosion properties. The temperature should be up to +3500С, while rolling, otherwise aluminum ribs can melt.
- Spooling is also called KLM finning. Aluminum or copper pipe with L-type cross section is spooling the previously rolled corrugation. However, a short part of cross section is dent and mounted due to the reliable heat contact, ribs are not melted.
- Method ТВЧ uses high frequency currents, thanks to which, a supporting pipe and rolled steel strap are getting warm, forming an extremely sound connection. These pipes are usually used in boilers.
Bimetal (two types of metal are used) finned tubes are produced in the result of the above mentioned technologies. Monometal finned tubes are produced by the method of single casting, more often copper is used. They are reliable and durable but too expensive that’s why they are used in some special cases, when there are exclusive standards concerning lasting qualities and leak-tightness of products. Sphere of finned tubes application is extremely large:
- Engineering. Applied in cooling plants, intercoolers, compressors, oil coolers.
- Chemical, petrochemical, oil refining industry, in condensors’ air coolers, gas heaters and gas coolers.
- For large air conditioning systems and environment control systems.
- In atomic power station for providing heat exchange and steady temperature of equipment.
- Dehydration technique, steam air heaters, gas coolers for equipment.
- All heat exchange devices despite type, model and purpose.